Alagaesia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oaths sworn... Loyalties tested... Forces collide.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alagaesia SiteAlagaesia Site  

Official Storyline Intro Released!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma
Admin
Emma

Official Storyline Intro Released! Empty
PostSubject: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:26 am

Alright, first off, welcome to this thread! I have finally decided to release what is already on the new Alagaesia Site that I'm working on at the moment [URL will be released soon]. So, I hope you like it. Enjoy Smile

This is an MMORPG in which start as a mere farm villager living in the town Carvahall, in the land of Alagaesia. You do daily chores for the locals, hunting for food, and practicing with whichever weapon you like best (Be it a wooden sword, a club, a woodcutting axe, or a Bow). Nothing out of the ordinary. That is, until you hear of better jobs at the next nearby town.

You decide to go check it out, so you head off to Therinsford. And on the way, you encounter a strange old man. He tells you about the myths and legends of old, the ways of magic and the mighty Dragon Riders and how it is all going to happen again. But of course, those were all just things of the long forgotten past, and nothing but telltales now, so you just ignore him. Although little do you know, he wasn't just blabbering.

And so you continue on and eventually find yourself in the small farm town, Therinsford, meet new people and you find yourself a better paying job. But it is short lived. One night while you decide to walk around the town and you run into a small group of people talking about a big rumor going around all of Alagaesia. The rumor is...that the Varden have decided that they no longer wish to see this land in terror anymore. They want to and their dark leader and corrupt King of Alagaesia, Galbatorix. And aside from that, there has been reports from scouts that there was magic activity happening in the spine and supposedly a small group of Elves were killed there, running from Urgals.

Now, half of this group of people want to go investigate this incident and see what they can learn or find, but the other half of these people want to venture straight through the spine and head to the large Port City of Alagaesia, Teirm, for their is supposedly an old teacher of the ancient ways of magic there, willing to teach those who oppose to the Empire, for the Varden is desperately calling out for help.

And so your own story and unlimited adventure begins now. The path to Teirm and the path to the Deeper Spine lead to two different but exciting stories. Which path you go is completely up to you. Do you answer the call?
Back to top Go down
http://www.alagaesiarpg.ucoz.com
Beven

Beven

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:29 am

xDxD sounds excelent

and, yes i answer the call! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 7:09 am

Looks good Emma.
Back to top Go down
Elf Ethan

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:06 am

i have a quetion. as you said we can only join the call of the vardan. why can't we choose to follow the king? why cant we be sure to win the battle after all the king have the power to kill all the elves on alagasia in one spell (Dont read if you dont read the thierd book, not all of them but he is almost god, if you read the thierd book)

and i dont want to join the varden cuz they started the war, because of them i need to start and fight. i want to be the king himself. why there isnt any path throw that.

all what i said is that you give us only one choise.

if you want to make that choise avaible too, i can help you in it. I love to right storys Razz. so if you wish pm me

the last thing, can you be an elf. cuz I never played ob a server that gives you to be an elf, and i wish to be an elf Sad

Last edited by Elf Ethan on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : a keyboard mistake :P)
Back to top Go down
Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 11:42 pm

Lol, do you have any idea how hard it is to script the current Alagaesia? It's not just about the "storylines", if Emma makes that alternate storyline, she'll have to make a whole other game inside this one. It's good to express ideas, but not when it's all jumbled together, and especially time-consuming to perform. It's beyond just writing, which according to your post, I find myself unable to believe that you can write anything half-decent. The only things that you've suggested, that I find remotely possible is the Elf thing, which would be quite interesting if done.
Back to top Go down
Elf Ethan

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:40 am

i know its hard but why can't i put any ideas?

what you mean scripting? And why its so bad to make it with more then one story line. i will write it and you will tell me what you think. i can do. that part of the story to go and follow the king isnt so hard to put. the hard and long thing is to map. but I think there will be the king capital city once the map is done or somthing. (i guess)
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Emma

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 am

Well, to be honest, there is two different storylines in Alagaesia at this moment. The one with the Dragon Rider and Magician are going to be two totally different storylines.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alagaesiarpg.ucoz.com
Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 8:04 pm

Wow... Ethan, you don't know what Scripting is? Clearly, you have no knowledge of the difficulties of making an OT. Mapping is easier, the map can be duplicated with some parts altered, but Scripting has to be a breakthrough for the RPG for it to fit the originality of the game.
Back to top Go down
Elf Ethan

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:28 am

cool emma Razz

Joseph

believe me that i know what is scripting Very Happy, and for me it easier and take less time, cuz map need to be detailed cool and perfect. scripting isn't so hard as you think it is.

i just didnt got what you daid about scripting. if you mean to code on lua its easy. if you mean to make a story line then thats need mapping and some other things = story telling Very Happy:D:)
Back to top Go down
Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 5:42 am

Elf Ethan wrote:

believe me that i know what is scripting Very Happy, and for me it easier and take less time, cuz map need to be detailed cool and perfect. scripting isn't so hard as you think it is.

i just didnt got what you daid about scripting. if you mean to code on lua its easy. if you mean to make a story line then thats need mapping and some other things = story telling Very Happy:D:)

Good scripting is hard.
I find it the other way around. While both tasks are quite time consuming, there are many short cuts you can take in mapping that would make the map equally cool, but easier. Scripting is harder for me, and especially if you want to make the gameplay more difficult, it will take even more time, and more effort. That's what I think of scripting. I've done my share of OT work, and I just think that scripting is harder, but that is just me.

I don't quite get what you mean by "story telling" inside the game? Hmmm :S
Back to top Go down
Elf Ethan

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 4:53 pm

story line, and here i stop to spam Smile

at scripting you have a a lot of short cuts, just open the OTSAdmin program and here you got the easiest way to make scripts, checks your bugs and etc, You can do it without it but i will put here a link if you don't know that program yet.
Emma if you don't use it yet its a great program so start and use it, easy to learn, and it is a great toll for beginners and experience Scripters.

Good luck for it (can't use that program cuz my comp is like 8 years old and i just moved so i am searching for a better one.)

http://otsadmin.xtreemhost.com/ have fun

all credits to Rento
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Storyline Intro Released!   Official Storyline Intro Released! Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Storyline Intro Released!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alagaesia Forum :: General :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: